Suffering from sweaty armpits? You’re not alone.
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition that causes excessive sweating. Sometimes it causes people to sweat up to 4Xs more than what’s required to maintain a consistent body temperature. As many as 900,000 Canadians have Hyperhidrosis, with nearly 300,000 suffering from a severe form of it.
According to recent Canadian research, 7 in 10 people seek freedom from their sweating. Patients have said, “The most maddening part for me was that I couldn’t control it”, “I’d often have to bring extra clothing with me everywhere I went just in case I sweat through them.”, and “I didn’t even know that hyperhidrosis existed. I was so happy to learn that I wasn’t alone and that there was a simple way to treat it”.
Don’t sweat it – there are treatment options available
Many people don’t realize Hyperhidrosis can be easily treated. There are several treatments available including topical antiperspirant therapies, BOTOX® injections, oral medications, Iontophoresis (low-intensity electric current), and surgery (removal of the sweat glands). BOTOX® injections are a good option for those have tried topical antiperspirants and are not satisfied but who don’t want to resort to surgery.
Take the sweat test to find out if you have Hyperhidrosis!
- 1) Do you think about sweating on a daily basis?
- 2) Does sweating impact the clothing you wear?
- 3) Do you ever carry deodorant with you?
- 4) Do you tend to sweat when you are embarrassed or nervous?
- 5) Are you concerned about people noticing your sweat marks?
- 6) Do you avoid silk and light-coloured clothing because of the possibility of sweating?
- 7) Do you avoid physical contact with people due to fear of sweating?
- 8) Does sweating interfere with your daily activities?
If you answered yes to three or more questions, you may have hyperhidrosis.
In many cases, your insurance company will cover your costs of the treatment. Call us to find out how.
DISCLAIMER: Individual outcomes, results and number of treatments recommended may vary based on individual patient needs, medical history, and circumstances. Cutis Cosmetic & Laser Centre cannot guarantee exact or permanent results or cures.